- 2 pounds chopped spinach (frozen spinach makes this an easy recipe)
- 8-10 ounces of corn kernels
- 6-8 ounces of cream cheese
- 8 tbsp of vegetable oil (roughly)
- 1-2 jalapeños
- 1 inch of ginger root or 1 tsp of powdered ginger
- 1 tbsp of ground coriander
- 1 tsp of ground cumin
- 1 tsp of turmeric
- 1/2 tsp of paprika
- 1 tsp of garam masala
- 1 tsp of salt
Cut up jalapeños (and ginger root if using fresh ginger) very fine, or puree together in a food processor. Saute in vegetable oil. Once well cooked add in coriander, turmeric, cumin, and paprika (don’t add the garam masala and salt until the end).
Once spices are well mixed add in the spinach. Cook for about 8 minutes covered, stirring a few times so all spinach is cooked and mixed with oil and spices. Add a bit of water if needed, which will probably be the case if using frozen spinach. (Double cooking time if using fresh spinach.)
Add in corn and cook for another 4-5 minutes.
Add in garam masala, salt, and cream cheese (in small cubes so it melts faster). Cover and cook for another 5 minutes or so.
Stir well and serve over rice.